Ceremonial Stairs & Hallway
The grand ceremonial staircase leads from the entrance through to the hallway. The stained glass windows at the top of the staircase were designed by John Gregory Crace and were made in 1880-1881. Whilst the interiors of the Hall were destroyed during the Second World War, the stained glass survived because it was removed for its protection. It was incorporated into the design for the new post-war Hall on the ceremonial stairs and in the Livery Hall. The staircase leads up to the hallway which can be used as an area for pre-dinner drinks for smaller events; it is also an ideal space to receive guests.